This IBM® Redbooks® publication describes the features and functions of the latest members of the IBM zSystems® platform, the IBM z16 A02 and IBM z16 AGZ.
It includes information about the IBM z16 A02 and IBM z16 AGZ processors' design, I/O innovations, security features, and supported operating systems.
The IBM z16 A02 and IBM z16 AGZ are a state-of-the-art data and transaction systems that delivers advanced capabilities, which are vital to any digital transformation.
The IBM z16 A02 and IBM z16 AGZ are designed to help businesses:
- Create value in every interaction and optimize decision-making with the on-chip Artificial Intelligence (AI) accelerator. The Accelerator for AI can deliver speed and the scale required to infuse AI inferencing into workloads without impacting service delivery.
- Act now to protect today's data against current and future threats with quantum-safe protection out of the box through quantum-safe cryptography APIs and crypto discovery tools.
- Enhance resiliency with flexible capacity to dynamically shift system resources across locations to proactively avoid disruptions.
- Modernize and integrate applications and data in a hybrid cloud environment with consistent and flexible deployment options to innovate with speed and agility.
- Secure data with memory and pervasive encryption.
- Reduce cost and keep up with changing regulations through a solution that helps simplify and streamline compliance tasks.
- Revolutionize business processes.
- Blend open source and IBM zSystems® technologies.
This book explains how these systems use innovation and traditional IBM zSystems® strengths to satisfy the growing demand for cloud, analytics, and open-source technologies. With the z16 A02 or IBM z16 AGZ as the base, applications can run in a trusted, reliable, and secure environment that improves operations and lessens business risk.
Chapter 1. Introduction and overview
Chapter 2. Central processor complex hardware components
Chapter 3. Central processor complex design
Chapter 4. I/O structure
Chapter 5. Logical I/O - Channel Subsystem
Chapter 6. Cryptographic features
Chapter 7. Operating system support
Chapter 8. System upgrades
Chapter 9. Reliability, availability, and serviceability
Chapter 10. Hardware Management Console and Support Element
Chapter 11. Environmentals
Chapter 12. Performance
Appendix A. Channel options
Appendix B. IBM Z integrated Accelerator for AI
Appendix C. IBM Z Integrated Accelerator for zEnterprise Data Compressia
Appendix D. Rack configurations
The material included in this document is in DRAFT form and is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind. IBM is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of the material, and may update the document at any time. The final, published document may not include any, or all, of the material included herein. Client assumes all risks associated with Client's use of this document.