This IBM® Redbooks® publication explains how to create various applications based on Node.js, and deploy and run them on IBM Cloud. This book includes the following exercises:
- Develop a Hello World application in Node.js on IBM Cloud.
- Use asynchronous callback to call an external service.
- Create an Express application.
- Build a rich front-end application by using React and ES6.
During these exercises, you will perform these tasks:
- Create an IBM SDK for Node.js application.
- Write your first Node.js application.
- Deploy an IBM SDK for Node.js application on an IBM Cloud account.
- Create a Node.js module and use it in your code.
- Understand asynchronous callbacks and know how to use it to call an external service.
- Understand IBM Watson™ Language Translator service.
- Create a Hello World Express application.
- Create a simple HTML view for your application.
- Understand Express routing.
- Use third-party modules in Node.js.
- Understand IBM Watson® Natural Language Understanding service.
- Use a Git repository on IBM Cloud DevOps services.
- Understand Delivery Pipeline.
- Understand how to clone an IBM Cloud application.
- Use React to create interactive web pages.
- Understand the following concepts of ES6: Classes, arrow functions, and promises.
This book is for beginner and experienced developers who want to start coding Node.js applications on IBM Cloud.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Developing a Hello World Node.js app on IBM Cloud
Chapter 2. Understanding asynchronous callback
Chapter 3. Creating your first Express application
Chapter 4. Building a rich front-end application by using React and ES6
Others who read this also read