IBM® Worklight is a platform for the development of mobile applications. It consists of five parts:
· Worklight Studio. A plug-in that is added to the Eclipse integrated development environment (IDE). It provides a development framework for Worklight applications.
· Worklight server. An application that runs on an application server. It gives access to deployed Worklight applications.
· Worklight console. An application that is distributed with Worklight server. It is used to manage deployed Worklight applications.
· Device run time. A collection of application programming interfaces (APIs) that are used to develop hybrid Worklight applications.
· Application Center: A private app store where developers can upload applications and users can upload feedback on the application.
This IBM Redbooks® Solution Guide describes how to build a mobile application with IBM Worklight Studio and deploy it to a test or production environment.
The material included in this document is in DRAFT form and is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind. IBM is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of the material, and may update the document at any time. The final, published document may not include any, or all, of the material included herein. Client assumes all risks associated with Client's use of this document.