This IBM® Redbooks® publication helps you to become familiar with the technical changes that were introduced into the Serverpac area with IBM z/OS® V2R2.
This publication includes the following chapters:
- Chapter 1, “ServerPac” on page 1: Provides a summary of the z/OS V2R2 enhancements.
- Chapter 2, “Order receive” on page 5: Describes the use of HTTPS to receive your order.
- Chapter 3, “Creating a configuration” on page 9: Describes the affect of the SDSF zone change.
- Chapter 4, “Variable Panel updates” on page 13: Describes setting up z/OSMF and the SMF option.
- Chapter 5, “Modify System Layout option” on page 17: Describes large file system default allocation, enhanced support for file system merge, enhanced support for SMS managed data sets, and new data set view options.
- Chapter 6, “Installation job changes” on page 29: Describes changes that were made to the create and submit installation jobs functions, which includes z/OSMF configuration, PFA configuration, KC4z configuration, and SMF logstream setup.
This book is one of a series of IBM Redbooks publications that take a modular approach to providing information about the updates that are included with z/OS V2R2. This approach has the following goals:
- Provide modular content
- Group the technical changes into a topic
- Provide a more streamlined way of finding relevant information that is based on the topic
We hope you find this approach useful and we welcome your feedback.
Chapter 1. ServerPac
Chapter 2. Order receive
Chapter 3. Creating a configuration
Chapter 4. Variable Panel updates
Chapter 5. Modifying system layout
Chapter 6. Installation job changes