WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V6: High Availability Solutions
An IBM Redbooks publication
Note: This is publication is now archived. For reference only.
This IBM Redbooks publication discusses the high availability aspects of IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V6 and high availability of related components, such as the Web servers or directory servers. This book discusses in detail:
- High availability concepts.
- WebSphere Application Server clustering considerations, the failover process, the WebSphere HAManager, and WebSphere component's reactions to failures.
- High availability system administration, such as application management, hardware replacement or upgrade, and software upgrades.
- WebSphere Node Agent and Deployment Manager high availability using external clustering software solutions such as IBM HACMP, IBM Tivoli System Automation, VERITAS Cluster Server, and Sun Cluster.
- High availability considerations and differences when using WebSphere in iSeries environments and zSeries environments.
- End-to-end WebSphere system high availability involving WebSphere MQ, Web servers, Load Balancer, firewalls, and LDAP servers.
The book also gives an introduction into how to backup and recover a Network Deployment configuration.
Part 1. High availability concepts
Chapter 1. Understanding high availability concepts
Part 2. WebSphere clustering for HA and HA administration
Chapter 2. WebSphere Application Server failover and recovery
Chapter 3. WebSphere administrative process failures
Chapter 4. High availability system administration
Chapter 5. High availability application administration
Part 3. WebSphere HAManager
Chapter 6. WebSphere HAManager
Part 4. Platform specific information, IBM Eserver iSeries and zSeries
Chapter 7. WebSphere HA on IBM Eserver iSeries
Chapter 8. WebSphere HA on z/OS
Part 5. Using external clustering software
Chapter 9. Configuring WebSphere Application Server for external clustering software
Chapter 10. WebSphere and IBM Tivoli System Automation
Chapter 11. WebSphere and IBM HACMP
Chapter 12. WebSphere and VERITAS Cluster Server
Chapter 13. WebSphere and Sun Cluster
Part 6. End-to-end high availability
Chapter 14. Backup and recovery of Network Deployment configuration
Chapter 15. WebSphere end-to-end high availability
Appendix A. Handling StaleConnectionException
Appendix B. Additional material