Discover how to take advantage of advances in technology to address key demands on today’s mainframes:
- Cloud computing, analytics, mobile access, social media, and security (CAMSS) put new demands on businesses and IT for enhanced resilience, performance, and scale.
- The volume of data and increased file sizes push networks to their limits and stress quality of service.
- A powerful, workload-optimized, open, agile, and highly secure IT infrastructure is required to meet customer expectations.
This IBM® Redbooks® Point-of-View publication discusses the new I/O capabilities in IBM z Systems and identifies ways the enhancements help the enterprise.
The busines environment demands responses from technology
IBM zSystems I/O plays an important role in supporting workloads
- Improve quality of service
- Streamline I/O execution
- Support for dynamic routing policies in the SAN
- Reduce I/O latency and improve I/O resiliency
What's next: How IBM can help