Best Practices for SOA Management
An IBM Redpaper publication
Note: This is publication is now archived. For reference only.
SOA management provides best practices and software for managing and monitoring SOA composite applications and supporting infrastructure.
This IBM Redpaper focuses on the following aspects of SOA management:
- Introduction to the key concepts of SOA management.
- Best practices for defining non-functional requirements and SLAs.
- Guidance on how to identify what resources should be managed at the time of the solution analysis and design, and by discovery in the runtime.
- How to build an integrated Tivoli Monitoring Server - Enterprise Portal (TEP) console to manage and monitor resources for SOA composite applications using ITCAM products.
- How to verify the monitoring functionality by performing an application walkthrough and triggering the monitoring conditions.
- How to create an SLA and report in Tivoli Service Level Advisor.
Chapter 1. Introduction to SOA management
Chapter 2. Define non-functional requirements and SLAs
Chapter 3. Identify resources to manage
Chapter 4. Build an integrated TEP console to manage resources
Chapter 5. Monitor resources from the integrated TEP console
Appendix A. Deploy the environment and sample application
Appendix B. Using the ITCAM for RTT ARM feature
Appendix C. Additional material