WebSphere Application Server V6: Diagnostic Data
An IBM Redpaper publication
Note: This is publication is now archived. For reference only.
This paper contains information about the diagnostic data that is available in WebSphere Application Server V6. It contains information about the location of the data, how it is collected, and configuration options. It includes information about the following:
- JVM logs (SystemOut and SystemErr)
- Collector tool
- First Failure Data Capture (FFDC)
- Process (native) logs
- Service log (activity.log)
- Installation logs
- IBM HTTP Server and plug-in logs and traces
- System management logs
- WebSphere Rapid Deployment logs
This paper applies to WebSphere Application Server V6 for distributed systems only. It does not cover WebSphere Application Server for z/OS.