You have installed and performed the basic customization of IBM® TotalStorage® Productivity Center. You have successfully completed performance data collection and have generated reports. But how do you best use the TotalStorage Productivity Center to manage your storage infrastructure?
This IBM Redbooks® publication shows how to best set up TotalStorage Productivity Center based on the storage environment infrastructure, and then manage that storage infrastructure with TotalStorage Productivity Center. It includes experiences from client accounts and our own internal experiences. This book includes the following topics:
- TotalStorage Productivity Center installation considerations (number of servers, database placement, firewall considerations, and agent deployment)
- CIMOM management (how many are required and how to customize them)
- Performance monitoring (setting up thresholds and alerts, gathering data, and which reports to use)
- Ceating custom reports with TPCTOOL
- Maintaining the TotalStorage Productivity Center implementation (data retention, database backup, and debugging tools)
This Redbooks publication is intended for storage administrators, who are responsible for the performance and growth of the IT storage infrastructure.
Table of contents
Chapter 1. Data management techniques
Chapter 2. TPC database considerations
Chapter 3. Reporting and monitoring basics
Chapter 4. Security considerations
Chapter 5. TotalStorage Productivity Center Tools