IT Service Management Best Practices Using IBM SmartCloud Control Desk
SmartCloud Control Desk is a comprehensive IT Asset and Service Management solution that helps reduce cost and minimize service disruptions through automated service request handling, efficient change management, optimized asset lifecycle management across IT and enterprise domains. SmartCloud Control Desk provides the following features and benefits:
- Reduce total cost of ownership by using one unified solution to license, install and manage multiple ITIL processes under one price point.
- Reduce business risk by using advanced impact analysis and defining automated change procedures that ensure integrity of existing infrastructure while supporting business agility.
- Improve efficiency and quality of service by unifying asset, change and problem management across both IT and the rest of the enterprise.
- Lower cost and mitigate license compliance risk by performing end to end software asset management.
- Improve utilization rate and reduce unnecessary purchases by managing the IT asset lifecycle.
- Adaptive, role-based simplified UI, improves intuitiveness for novice users, and reduces training costs.
- Access from anywhere at anytime via mobile device support – Blackberry, iOS, and Android.
- Pick a solution delivery model - Traditional on-premise, SaaS, VM image - that is affordable and meets your current business needs; Seamlessly move between delivery models while keeping the same functionality.
This IBM Redbooks publication covers IBM SmartCloud Control Desk product configuration, customization, and implementation best practices.
Table of contents
Part 1. Business context and solution overview
Chapter 1. Business context
Chapter 2. Solution overview and deployment strategy
Part 2. Implementing processes in IBM SmartCloud Control Desk
Chapter 3. IT foundations configuration
Chapter 4. IT asset management
Chapter 5. Configuration management
Chapter 6. Service catalog management
Chapter 7. Service level management
Chapter 8. Service Operation: Service Desk, Request Fulfillment, Incident and Problem Management
Chapter 9. Self-service
Chapter 10. Survey management
Chapter 11. Change management
Chapter 12. Release management
Appendix A. Troubleshooting
Appendix B. SmartCloud Control Desk Reports
These pages are Web versions of IBM Redbooks- and Redpapers-in-progress. They are published here for those who need the information now and may contain spelling, layout and grammatical errors.
This material has not been submitted to any formal IBM test and is published AS IS. It has not been the subject of rigorous review. Your feedback is welcomed to improve the usefulness of the material to others.
IBM assumes no responsibility for its accuracy or completeness. The use of this information or the implementation of any of these techniques is a customer responsibility and depends upon the customer's ability to evaluate and integrate them into the customer's operational environment.