This IBM® Redpaper™ publication includes information about Version 22.214.171.124 Oracle Database on Linux on IBM System z®. It describes our experiences when we installed a two-node Oracle Grid 126.96.36.199 infrastructure in silent mode with a response file on Linux. It also describes our experiences when we installed Oracle Real Application Clusters (RACs) and created a database on two nodes. The silent mode installation can be used to create multiple Linux guests that run the same level of the database. It can be used for a single instance or to create the Grid Infrastructure for a RAC database.
You can learn about optional methods to install an Oracle database on Linux on System z and to use the silent installation process in cloning in the My Oracle Support (MOS) note, How to create a Cluster by Cloning 11.2 Grid Infrastructure Home and Clusterware, Doc ID 1413846.1. We explore the following topics in this paper:
- Oracle environment
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure silent mode installation
- Oracle RAC silent mode installation
- Upgrading with the latest patch set update
- Optional methods to install and clone 188.8.131.52 Oracle Database on Linux on z
- Cleaning up after a failed installation to perform a fresh installation
- Oracle Database 184.108.40.206 general information
This paper is intended for individuals who want to install a two-node Oracle Grid 220.127.116.11 infrastructure in silent mode with a response file on Linux or individuals who want to install RACs and create a database on two nodes.
Table of contents