Today's businesses, applications, social media, and online transactions generate more data than ever before. This data can be explored and analyzed to provide tremendous business value. IBM® InfoSphere® Data Explorer (Data Explorer) enables organizations to simultaneously explore and derive insights from enterprise data that was traditionally stored in "silos" in enterprise applications, different data repositories, and in different data formats.
Applications developed using Data Explorer identify data relationships across these silos, unlocking the business value that is inherent in a unified, 360-degree view of the information related to business entities, such as application users, customers, products, and so on.
This IBM Redbooks® publication provides information about InfoSphere Data Explorer 9.0. It gives an overview, describes the architecture, and presents use cases that you can use to accomplish the following tasks:
- Understand the core capabilities of Data Explorer Engine and Data Explorer Application Builder.
- Realize the full potential of Data Explorer applications.
- Describe the integration and value of the combination of Data Explorer and InfoSphere Master Data Management.
- Build a 360-degree information application.
- Learn by example by following a hands-on lab scenario.
Table of contents
Chapter 1. Introduction to 360-degree information applications
Chapter 2. InfoSphere Data Explorer overview
Chapter 3. Planning a 360-degree information application
Chapter 4. Lab scenario overview
Chapter 5. Installation and initial configuration
Chapter 6. Preparing the data for Data Explorer Application Builder
Chapter 7. Creating an application with Application Builder
Chapter 8. Integration with IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management
Appendix A. Additional material