The ABCs of IBM® z/OS® System Programming is a 13-volume collection that provides an introduction to the z/OS operating system and the hardware architecture. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced system programmer, the ABCs collection provides the information that you need to start your research into z/OS and related subjects.
Whether you want to become more familiar with z/OS in your current environment, or you are evaluating platforms to consolidate your online business applications, the ABCs collection will serve as a powerful technical tool.
Volume 1 provides an updated understanding of the software and IBM zSeries architecture, and explains how it is used together with the z/OS operating system. This includes the main components of z/OS needed to customize and install the z/OS operating system. This edition has been significantly updated and revised.
The other volumes contain the following content:
- Volume 2: z/OS implementation and daily maintenance, defining subsystems, IBM Job Entry Subsystem 2 (JES2) and JES3, link pack area (LPA), LNKLST, authorized libraries, System Modification Program/Extended (SMP/E), IBM Language Environment®
- Volume 3: Introduction to Data Facility Storage Management Subsystem (DFSMS), data set basics, storage management hardware and software, catalogs, and DFSMS Transactional Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM), or DFSMStvs
- Volume 4: z/OS Communications Server, Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and IBM Virtual Telecommunications Access Method (IBM VTAM®)
- Volume 5: Base and IBM Parallel Sysplex®, z/OS System Logger, Resource Recovery Services (RRS), Global Resource Serialization (GRS), z/OS system operations, z/OS Automatic Restart Manager (ARM), IBM Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex™ (IBM GDPS®)
- Volume 6: Introduction to security, IBM Resource Access Control Facility (IBM RACF®), Digital certificates and public key infrastructure (PKI), Kerberos, cryptography and IBM eServer™ z990 integrated cryptography, zSeries firewall technologies, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), and Enterprise Identity Mapping (EIM)
- Volume 7: Printing in a z/OS environment, Infoprint Server, and Infoprint Central
- Volume 8: An introduction to z/OS problem diagnosis
- Volume 9: z/OS UNIX System Services
- Volume 10: Introduction to IBM z/Architecture®, zSeries processor design, zSeries connectivity, LPAR concepts, HCD, and IBM DS8000®
- Volume 11: Capacity planning, IBM Performance Management, z/OS Workload Manager (WLM), IBM Resource Management Facility (IBM RMF™), and IBM System Management Facility (SMF)
- Volume 12: WLM
- Volume 13: JES2 and JES3 System Display and Search Facility (SDSF)
Table of contents
Chapter 1. Introduction to IBM z/OS
Chapter 2. TSO/E, ISPF, JCL, and SDSF
Chapter 3. The z/OS system programmer
Chapter 4. z/OS storage concepts
Chapter 5. ShopzSeries
Chapter 6. z/OS maintenance concepts
Others who downloaded this publication also downloaded