IBM AIX Enhancements and Modernization
A draft IBM Redbooks publication
Updated 14 November 2019
IBM Form #: SG24-8453-00
Rate and comment
Authors: Scott Vetter, Navdeep Dhaliwal, Ahmed Mashhour, Armin Röll, Liviu Rosca
This IBM® Redbooks publication is a comprehensive guide that covers IBM AIX® operating system layout capabilities, distinct features, system installation and maintenance including AIX security and trusted environment and compliance integration, with the benefits of IBM Power Virtualization Management (PowerVM®), IBM Power Virtualization Center (PowerVC) including the cloud capabilities and automation flavors. The objective of this book is to introduce IBM AIX modernization features and integration with different environments:
- General AIX enhancements
- AIX Live Kernel Update individually or using Network Installation Manager.
- AIX security features and integration.
- AIX networking enhancements.
- PowerVC integration and features for cloud environments.
- AIX deployment using Terraform and Cloud Automation Manager.
- AIX automation using configuration management tools.
- AIX integration with Kubernetes.
- PowerVM enhancements and features.
- Latest disaster recovery solutions.
- AIX Logical Volume Manager and JFS2.
- AIX installation and maintenance techniques.
Table of contents
Chapter 1. General Enhancements
Chapter 2. Security Enhancements
Chapter 3. Networking Enhancements
Chapter 4. Virtualization and cloud capabilities
Chapter 5. PowerVM features
Chapter 6. Disaster Recovery and High Availability
Chapter 7. AIX fundamentals
These pages are Web versions of IBM Redbooks- and Redpapers-in-progress. They are published here for those who need the information now and may contain spelling, layout and grammatical errors. This material has not been submitted to any formal IBM test and is published AS IS. It has not been the subject of rigorous review. Your feedback is welcomed to improve the usefulness of the material to others.
Follow IBM Redbooks
Follow IBM Redbooks