This IBM® Redpaper™ publication is a comprehensive guide that covers the IBM Power System™ S822LC for High Performance Computing (HPC) server (8335-GTB model). The S822LC for HPC server is designed for high-performance computing applications that support the Linux operating system and high-performance data analytics, the enterprise data center, and accelerated cloud deployments.
This paper introduces the major innovative S822LC for HPC server features and their relevant functions:
- Powerful IBM POWER8® processors that offer 16 cores at 3.259 GHz with 3.857 GHz turbo performance or 20 cores at 2.860 GHz with 3.492 GHz turbo
- A 19-inch rack-mount 2U configuration
- NVIDIA NVLink technology for exceptional processor-to-accelerator intercommunication
- Four dedicated connectors for the NVIDIA Tesla P100 GPU
This publication is for professionals who want to acquire a better understanding of IBM Power Systems products and is intended for the following audience:
- Sales and marketing professionals
- Technical support professionals
- IBM Business Partners
- Independent software vendors
This paper expands the set of IBM Power Systems documentation by providing a desktop reference that offers a detailed technical description of the S822LC for HPC server.
This paper does not replace the latest marketing materials and configuration tools. It is intended as an additional source of information that, together with existing sources, can be used to enhance your knowledge of IBM server solutions.
Related Blog Posts
Table of contents
Chapter 1. Architecture and technical description
Chapter 2. Management, reliability, availability, and serviceability
Appendix A. Server racks and energy management