IBM introduces new POWER7® processor-based systems, software and solutions for companies of all sizes. New high-end offerings redefine computing to address the challenges of a smarter planet — large scale business analytics and databases, high volume transaction processing, and consolidation to exponentially lower costs. New Express systems and solutions for midsize businesses offer attractively priced servers and upgrades, integrated mission-critical solutions, and proven capabilities to simplify server rooms while positioning companies for future growth.
New systems added to the POWER7 processor-based server family.
- IBM Power 795: The most powerful UNIX® system ever with extraordinary scalability and configuration flexibility
- IBM Power 710, 720, 730 and 740 Express: The lowest priced POWER7 energy efficient systems for midsize businesses
- IBM i Solution Editions for the core business needs of midsize clients, featuring software from Infor, Lawson, Oracle JD Edwards and SAP
- IBM i Edition Express for BladeCenter S: Integrates IBM i and Windows blades in the same chassis for consolidation of web, database and application workloads
Just published in October 2012
The following Redbooks publications are available to help you get started with the new POWER7 systems:
- IBM Power 710 and 730 Technical Overview and Introduction
- IBM Power 720 and 740 Technical Overview and Introduction
- IBM Power 750 and 755 Technical Overview and Introduction
- IBM Power 770 and 780 Technical Overview and Introduction
- IBM Power 795 Technical Overview and Introduction
- IBM BladeCenter PS700, PS701, and PS702 Technical Overview and Introduction