This IBM® Redpaper™ publication is a comprehensive guide covering the IBM Power System S822 (8284-22A) server that supports the IBM AIX® and Linux operating systems (OSes). The objective of this paper is to introduce the major innovative Power S822 offerings and their relevant functions:
- The new IBM POWER8™ processor, which is available at frequencies of 3.42 GHz, and 3.89 GHz
- Significantly strengthened cores and larger caches
- Two integrated memory controllers with improved latency and bandwidth
- Integrated I/O subsystem and hot-pluggable PCIe Gen3 I/O slots
- Improved reliability, serviceability, and availability (RAS) functions
- IBM EnergyScale™ technology that provides features such as power trending, power-saving, capping of power, and thermal measurement
This publication is for professionals who want to acquire a better understanding of IBM Power Systems™ products.
This paper expands the current set of IBM Power Systems documentation by providing a desktop reference that offers a detailed technical description of the Power S822 system.
This paper does not replace the latest marketing materials and configuration tools. It is intended as an additional source of information that, together with existing sources, can be used to enhance your knowledge of IBM server solutions.
Related Blog Posts
Table of contents
Chapter 1. General description
Chapter 2. Architecture and technical overview
Chapter 3. Virtualization
Chapter 4. Reliability, availability, and serviceability
Others who downloaded this publication also downloaded