Lotus Quickr software provides online team spaces where members can share and collaborate and use team calendars, discussion forums, Web logs (blogs), wikis, and other collaboration tools for managing projects and creating content. Lotus Quickr is designed to transform how teams share everyday business content and work together online. It uses many existing applications and content storage systems.
IBM® Lotus® and IBM Redbooks® publications have partnered together to create a wiki that shows you how to perform specific customizations within Lotus Quickr 8.1.
Click here to view the IBM Lotus Wiki: Customizing Quickr 8.1
The wiki includes an initial examination of the Quickr for Domino architecture, then proceeds with four specific customizations that cover both the Quickr for Domino architecture and the Quickr for J2EE architecture. Throughout much of the wiki, we build upon customizations for a fictitious company (called ITSOMillenia) and show how this company made customizations to their Quickr 8.1 environment to better meet their specific business needs.
We discuss the following customization topics:
- Theme Customization and Branding - Domino Architecture
This article describes how to customize the standard 8.1 Quickr Theme and to modify it to better match your organization's corporate identity.
- Theme Customization and Branding - J2EE Architecture
This article describes how to customize the standard J2EE 8.1 Quickr Theme and to modify it to better match your organization's corporate identity.
- Creating new and customized templates - Domino Architecture
This article describes how to perform template Customization for Lotus Quickr Domino Standard Teamplace template. In the article, we implement the following scenarios:
1. Integrating Standard Team place template with wiki functionality
2. Integrating Standard Team place template with blog functionality
3. Integrating Standard Team place template with both wiki and blog functionality
We also describe how to deploy the new template using placetype creation and how to customize the theme on the places created from these placetypes.
- Creating new and customized templates and components - J2EE Architecture
This article illustrates how to use the templates that are provided with the J2EE edition of Quickr 8.1 and how to customize them. In this article, we accomplish the following objectives:
1. We start from the standard J2EE Teamplace template and customize it based on specific a use case.
2. We describe how to create a custom component, how to register it on the component shelf and how to save a new template which includes the new component.
This material has not been submitted to any formal IBM test and is published AS IS. It has not been the subject of rigorous review. IBM assumes no responsibility for its accuracy or completeness. The use of this information or the implementation of any of these techniques is a client responsibility and depends upon the client's ability to evaluate and integrate them into the client's operational environment.