EGL Migration Required from Rational Application Developer V6.0 to Interim Fix 0004
Published 27 April 2005
Authors: John Ganci
This TIP discusses the EGL migration required from RAD 6.0 to interim fix 0004.
EGL applications developed with IBM Rational Application Developer V6.0 will need to be migrated for the source code to adhere to the new EGL language syntax included in Interim Fix 0004 (or 0001). If you do not migrate the source code, you will see many syntax errors displayed.
Ensure the EGL developer and migration capabilities are enabled:
1. Select Window -> Preferences
2. Expand Workbench -> Capabilities
3. Expand EGL Developer
4. Check EGL Development and EGL V6.0 Migration
5. Click OK
Migrate the EGL source:
1. Enable EGL V6.0 Migration capability by selecting Window -> Preferences
2. Expand Workbench and select Capabilities
3. Expand EGL Developer and check EGL V6.0 Migration. Click OK
4. Right-click EGLSource folder, select EGL V6.0 Migration -> Migrate
Manually copy the new EGL runtime libraries from a newly created EGL Web Project (containing the correct level of runtime files) to the same folder of the project being migrated.
1. Expand Dynamic Web Projects -> BankEGL -> WebContent -> WEB-INF -> lib.
- Where BankEGL is the EGL Web Project that has been migrated and has the old level of the EGL runtime libraries.
3. Delete the following files from the lib directory:
- * fda6.jar (added when the project is created and when Generate is executed)
* fda6j.jar (added when the project is created and when Generate is executed)
* eglintdebug.jar (added when the project is created and when Generate is executed)
* eglintdebugsupport.jar (added when the project is created and when Generate is executed)
* jsf-ibm.jar (added when EGL Web Project is created)
* sdo_access_beans.jar (added when the first Faces JSP is added and when Generate is executed)
* sdo_web.jar (added when the first Faces JSP is added and when Generate is executed)
- The newly created EGL Web Project will contain the proper level of the EGL runtime files. We will use this project as source of the desired EGL runtime files.
6. Copy all files found in the lib folder EGLv601 project lib directory to the migrated project lib directory.
7. Generate the BankEGL project, which will automatically add the remaining EGL runtime libraries.
For more information, refer to the Developing Web applications using EGL chapter of the Rational Application Developer V6 Programming Guide, SG24-6449.
This material has not been submitted to any formal IBM test and is published AS IS. It has not been the subject of rigorous review. IBM assumes no responsibility for its accuracy or completeness. The use of this information or the implementation of any of these techniques is a client responsibility and depends upon the client's ability to evaluate and integrate them into the client's operational environment.
Follow IBM Redbooks
Follow IBM Redbooks