Mastering WDSC V7.0 and WDSC V7.0 Advanced Edition for i5/OS V5R4
An IBM Redbooks publication
Published 25 June 2008
IBM Form #: SG24-7578-00
Authors: Yessong Johng, Wilfried Blankertz, Ahmed Mansour, Hania Abd-El-Razik, Jiayun Zhu
This IBM Redbooks publication discusses new features of WDSC V7.0, focusing on Remote System Explorer (RSE) and new ways of installing and managing the products. For features of the previous version, WDSC 5.1.2, refer to WebSphere Development Studio Client for System i Version 5.1.2, SG24-6961-01.
Specific topics discussed in detail include:
- Installing WDSC V7.0 using a new installation management tool of Installation Manager
- Managing a WDSC V7.0 instance
- Working with i5/OS-based development resources using the Remote System Explorer
- Remote Systems LPEX Editor - The modern SEU and much more
- Screen Designer Technical Preview - The modern Screen Design Aid (SDA) in WDSC AE 7.0
- Application Diagram in WDSC AE - Visualizing program structures
- System i Projects
- Integrated System i Debugger
WebSphere Development Studio Client for System i (WDSC) is a collection of many features and functions, such as:
- Integrated Development Environment: Seamlessly integrate all your tools, teams, assets, and other workbench-based projects.
- IBM WebFacing Tool: Convert your existing 5250 interfaces to Web interfaces with minimal changes to the server application.
- Remote System Explorer and System i Development Tools: Develop and maintain System i applications while working with remote systems.
- Integrated System i Debugger: Debug code that is running on a System i machine.
Table of contents
Part 1. Introduction to WDSC V7.0
Chapter 1. A new set of application creation tools for System i
Chapter 2. Eclipse, RSDP, and RAD
Chapter 3. WebFacing, HATS, and WDHT
Chapter 4. Bringing Your i5/OS applications to the Web
Part 2. Installing and managing WDSC
Chapter 5. Installing WDSC
Chapter 6. Managing your WDSC instance
Part 3. The Remote System Explorer and System i Projects
Chapter 7. Working with i5/OS-based development resources using the Remote System Explorer
Chapter 8. Remote Systems LPEX Editor: The modern SEU and much more
Chapter 9. Screen Designer Technical Preview - the modern Screen Design Aid (SDA) in WDSC AE 7.0
Chapter 10. Application Diagram in WDSC AE - visualize program structures
Chapter 11. System i Projects
Chapter 12. Integrated System i Debugger
Others who read this publication also read
Follow IBM Redbooks
Follow IBM Redbooks