With IBM Workplace Managed Client Release 2.6 on Linux, IBM offers a strategic end-to-end Linux solution that provides both the benefits of Linux and IBM Workplace Collaboration Services. This IBM Redbooks publication provides a technical overview of IBM Workplace Managed Client and examines why it is a smart, strategic choice. In addition, we provide a detailed description and best practices for deploying, installing and configuring the product.
We focus on the following topics:
- Benefits and positioning of a Linux client. Why Workplace Managed Client on Linux?
- Overview of the product features and functionality.
- Technical and architectural overview of the client.
- Description of how to install the client on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and other Linux distributions.
- Possibilities and benefits for an end-to-end Linux solution (IBM Workplace server and IBM Workplace Managed Client on Linux).
- Example of a sample application and customization based on the underlying Eclipse framework.
Table of contents
Chapter 1. Introduction to IBM Workplace Managed Client on Linux
Chapter 2. IBM Workplace Managed Client applications
Chapter 3. Workplace Managed Client 2.6 on Linux installation and configuration
Chapter 4. IBM productivity tools
Chapter 5. Building a sample application for the IBM Workplace Managed Client platform
Chapter 6. Troubleshooting IBM Workplace Managed Client
Appendix A. Installing IBM Workplace Managed Client on other Linux distributions
Appendix B. Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect for IBM Workplace
Appendix C. Additional material
Others who downloaded this publication also downloaded