This IBM Redbooks publication gives a broad understanding of IBM WebSphere Extended Deployment V6.0 , explaining the functions and features while helping you to design and create a solution for your own environment. The following techniques are explained in this book:
- Using WebSphere Extended Deployment dynamic operations.
- Distributing workload with the On Demand Router.
- Using visualization options to display information about the environment.
- Using WebSphere Partitioning Facility to achieve high-performance.
- Using ObjectGrid in IBM WebSphere Extended Deployment V6.0 .
- Adding non-WebSphere Extended Deployment servers to your topology.
- Configuring a highly available Deployment Manager.
- Using repository checkpoint/restore to save and restore your configurations.
- Using Application Edition Manager to install and support application versions.
This book also provides step-by-step instructions for implementing a sample, multiple-machine environment. We use this environment to illustrate most of the IBM WebSphere Extended Deployment V6.0 features.
Table of contents
Part 1. Introduction
Chapter 1. WebSphere Extended Deployment introduction
Chapter 2. Redbook sample topology
Part 2. Dynamic operations
Chapter 3. Setting up WebSphere Extended Deploymentfor dynamic operations
Chapter 4. Service policies, work classes, and routing policies
Chapter 5. On Demand Router
Part 3. Extended manageability
Chapter 6. Visualization
Chapter 7. Health monitoring
Part 4. High performance computing
Chapter 8. WebSphere Partitioning Facility
Chapter 9. ObjectGrid
Chapter 10. ObjectGrid and WebSphere Partitioning Facility
Part 5. Scale-out functions
Chapter 11. Routing requests to non-WebSphere Extended Deployment servers
Chapter 12. Scale-out administration
Part 6. Application administration
Chapter 13. Application Edition Manager
Appendix A. Trade 6
Appendix B. Trace-level change script
Appendix C. Additional material
Others who downloaded this publication also downloaded