This IBM Redbooks publication describes experiences gained while installing and testing Oracle9i for Linux on zSeries, such as:
Setting up the development systems at Oracle for the Linux on zSeries environment
Installing the Oracle9i instances for Linux/390 on zSeries
Performing basic monitoring and tuning exercises.
The book is based on real-world experiences gained by team members and technical professionals during development and early testing of this product at:
The IBM Oracle EMEA Joint Solution Center, Montpellier, France
The IBM Oracle International Competency Center, San Mateo, California
Early customer installations
Development systems at Oracle in Redwood Shores, California.
This book will be of use to those customers who are using Oracle9i for Linux/390 on zSeries for the first time.
Table of contents
1. Overview of Oracle9i on zSeries
2. How to deploy Oracle9i on Linux/390
3. Installing Oracle9i database on zSeries with Linux
4. Creating multiple Linux virtual machines with shared Oracle binaries under z/VM
5. Migrating Oracle9i to Linux for zSeries
6. Using RMAN to handle backup and recovery
7. Installing and configuring Oracle Enterprise Manager
8. Performance and scalability considerations
9. Using Statspack to collect VMSTAT information
10. Implementing RAC on Oracle9i on Linux on zSeries
11. Using WebSphere with Oracle9i