Reduce Costs and Speed Your Digital Transformation with IBM WebSphere Application Server on Cloud
An IBM Redguide publication
Published 21 November 2016
IBM Form #: REDP-5360-00
Authors: Andy Dominguez
Businesses are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience. They need to connect with existing and new customers in innovative ways and deliver experiences that never disappoint. They also require technology-strengthened business strategies with the flexibility to adapt to new opportunities quickly. To achieve this agile state, many are using cloud-based solutions to create personalized customer experiences and harness existing enterprise applications, data, and services for a competitive advantage.
IBM® WebSphere® Application Server on cloud (WebSphere on cloud) helps businesses like yours take advantage of the cloud as a strategic environment to realize various benefits:
- Reduce costs by optimizing the entire application-related infrastructure.
- Create opportunities by rapidly creating and integrating cloud-based applications.
- Reap more value from existing applications by augmenting them with cloud services.
- Deliver compelling customer experiences across all channels.
- Speed time to market at a lower cost through rapid creation and deployment of APIs and microservices.
- Increase brand reach or drive new revenue by publishing APIs externally.
- Drive innovation by enhancing your Java applications with IBM Bluemix® services.
- Optimize existing workloads by lifting and shifting them unchanged to the cloud in just minutes, allowing you to take advantage of fast and flexible provisioning, and pay-as-you-go pricing.
This IBM Redbooks® Redguide™ publication introduces the WebSphere on cloud capabilities and highlights key concepts that are associated with this IBM WebSphere offering. The guide discusses the business value offered by WebSphere on cloud, provides a high-level architectural view, and explains three common entry points (Create, Connect, and Optimize) to cloud. The guide also identifies the IBM products that play important roles in those entry points. It includes real-world examples of how customers are using WebSphere on cloud to resolve business challenges and enhance return on investment (ROI).
Table of contents
Accelerate time to value and help reduce costs with WebSphere on Cloud
Reduce costs and extract more value from your Java investments
The case for a hybrid enterprise
WebSphere Application Server Version 9
Help for developers
Case studies: WebSphere on cloud
Others who read this publication also read
Follow IBM Redbooks
Follow IBM Redbooks