Predictive analytics helps connect data to effective action by drawing reliable conclusions about current conditions and future events. It enables organizations to make predictions and then proactively act upon that insight to drive better business outcomes and achieve measurable competitive advantage.
In this IBM® Redguide™ publication, we explore IBM SPSS Predictive Analytics software both at a capability level and in the context of real-world application within various industries. We address the full suite of IBM SPSS Predictive Analytics software:
• IBM SPSS Data Collection for capturing attitudes, preferences, and feedback
• IBM SPSS Statistics Suite for research and analysis
• IBM SPSS Modeler for predicting future behavior
• IBM SPSS Text Analytics for mining unstructured data sources
• IBM SPSS Decision Management for optimizing operational decisions
• IBM SPSS Collaboration and Deployment Services for enterprise-wide management of analytical assets and results
This document includes examples of solutions using IBM SPSS Predictive Analytics, key concepts central to enterprise-wide adoption of predictive analytics, and architectural samples for proven predictive solutions.
Table of contents
A need for a new approach
Current business challenges
Components of a solution
IBM SPSS Software suite
IBM SPSS reference architecture