In this IBM® Redpaper™, we provide an automated solution to asynchronously promote centrally managed service artifacts from a governance production environment to runtime environments. The solution combines the promotion capability of WebSphere® Service Registry and Repository with the file transfer capability of WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition.
This paper describes the following topics:
- Discuss the solution at a high level, describes the essential components of both products, and shows how they integrate.
- Lists the products to be installed on the separate environments. The section ends with simple test cases to verify that the installed products integrate.
- Provides a detailed description of all required configuration steps to enable the automated promotion process without any user interaction. The section ends with simple test cases to verify that promotion works.
- Executes various scenarios to show how the automated promotion process works from end-to-end.
- Introduces two additional features: archiving promotion .zip files and promoting to multiple runtime production environments.
- Shows the various log files that you can use, if problems occur.
Table of contents
- Solution overview
- Configuration and customizing
- Running the automated promotion process