This IBM® Redpaper™ publication is a comprehensive guide covering the IBM Power 750 and Power 755 servers supporting AIX®, IBM i, and Linux® operating systems. The goal of this paper is to introduce the major innovative Power 750 and 755 offerings and their prominent functions, including:
- The POWER7™ processor available at frequencies of 3.0 GHz, 3.3 GHz, and 3.55 GHz
- The specialized POWER7 Level 3 cache that provides greater bandwidth, capacity, and reliability
- The 1 Gb or 10 Gb Integrated Virtual Ethernet adapter, included with each server configuration, and providing native hardware virtualization
- PowerVM™ virtualization including PowerVM Live Partition Mobility and PowerVM Active Memory™ Sharing.
- Active Memory Expansion that provides more usable memory than what is physically installed on the system
- EnergyScale™ technology that provides features such as power trending, power-saving, capping of power, and thermal measurement.
Professionals who want to acquire a better understanding of IBM Power Systems™ products should read this Redpaper.
This Redpaper expands the current set of IBM Power Systems documentation by providing a desktop reference that offers a detailed technical description of the 750 and 755 systems.
This paper does not replace the latest marketing materials and configuration tools. It is intended as an additional source of information that, together with existing sources, may be used to enhance your knowledge of IBM server solutions.
Table of contents
Chapter 1. General description
Chapter 2. Architecture and technical overview
Chapter 3. Virtualization
Chapter 4. Continuous availability and manageability
Others who downloaded this publication also downloaded