This IBM Redpaper describes how to leverage the Sun Solaris 8 Operating Environment as a stable and scalable platform for the IBM Lotus QuickPlace 3.0 (Team Workplace) Web-based collaboration platform.
Specific topics covered in this Redpaper include:
- New features of QuickPlace 3.0 for Solaris 8
- Basic installation and setup guidelines for QuickPlace 3.0 on Solaris 8
- General Solaris 8 performance monitoring techniques appropriate for QuickPlace 3.0
- Performance tuning suggestions for optimizing your QuickPlace 3.0 install on Solaris 8
- Results of basic performance benchmarks demonstrating the scalability of QuickPlace 3.0 on Solaris 8
Since QuickPlace 3.0 executes on top of a basic Domino 5.0.10 server, readers unfamiliar with the Domino platform on Solaris may want to first review the IBM Redbooks publication Lotus Domino R5 for Sun Solaris 8, SG24-5969.
Table of contents
Introduction to QuickPlace 3 on Sun Solaris 8
Installation hints and tips
Performance tuning QuickPlace 3.0 on Sun Solaris