To meet today’s complex and ever-changing business demands, you need a solid foundation of compute, storage, networking, and software resources. This system must be simple to deploy, and be able to quickly and automatically adapt to changing conditions. You also need to be able to take advantage of broad expertise and proven guidelines in systems management, applications, hardware maintenance, and more.
Flex System is a no-compromise design that integrates servers, storage and networking in one chassis. The solution is easily scalable with the addition of another chassis with the required nodes. With Flex System Manager, multiple chassis can be monitored from a single panel. The 14 node, 10U chassis delivers high speed performance complete with integrated servers, storage, and networking. This flexible chassis is simple to deploy, and scales to meet your needs in the future.
This document is a reference to compatibility and interoperability of components inside and connected to Flex System solutions.
An easy-to-remember link you can use to share this guide: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/fsig
Changes in the February 13 update:
* Lenovo compute nodes are supported in the Enterprise Chassis ordered via the IBM AAS ordering system (chassis machine type model 7893-92X)
* Updated the yellow/green power supply table
* The x240 M5 now supports the Storage Expansion Node
* Added io3 Flash Adapter support in the PCIe Expansion Node
* Updated the drives supported by the x240 M5
* Updated compute node and adatper support of IBM Fabric Manager
Table of contents
Chapter 1. Chassis interoperability
Chapter 2. Compute node component compatibility
Chapter 3. Software compatibility
Chapter 4. Storage interoperability