No official support implied: Again these discussions are between the community as a whole and not directed towards IBM official support channels. Although the authors of the books will often participate, the intent is that the community will help each other. If you need official product support please visit the IBM Support and Downloads site..
Also, although we will not limit the discussions, we want them to be about the specific publication. If you would like to participate in more general product discussion we recommend the developerWorks forums.
The policy for appropriate use of these discussions: These discussions are public, open, and unmoderated technical discussions for the IBM Redbooks user community. We are providing this as a public service to our customers and partners. We welcome everyone, but specifically reserve the right to prohibit the following:
- Abusive, negative, or unproductive comments
- Rude or offensive language
- Excessive commercial promotion or recruiting efforts
We reserve the right to delete offensive messages and to restrict individual access if necessary. We will attempt to inform the offender that this action was taken.
Discussion etiquette: We suggest practicing the following etiquette to help you and others make the most of our discussion facility:
- Play nice with each other. Especially newbies. Arguments are welcome, personal attacks are not.
- Do not use words such as "Urgent" or "Important" in your subject line. This is a discussion, not a formal support forum.
- Create a concise subject that adequately summarizes your topic. For example: "Ideas on customizing Linux on z/VM."
- Do not use all capital letters, excessive question marks (?), or exclamation points (!) in your subject or content.
- Be patient. All the participants of this forum, including IBM Redbooks authors, are participating in discussions on their own time.
- Help others. This is a community and works best when people share information.
- Give feedback. If someone helps you by answering your question, try to add a follow-up response letting them know if it helped.
Deletion of a topic: Normally we do not allow deletion of a topic unless it meets the inappropriate criteria listed above. If there is a topic that you feel needs to be deleted, please use the INAPPROPRIATE APPEND button and we will look into deleting the append for you. In any other case email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss an append "offline."
Do not send email directly to IBM Redbooks authors unless solicited. Use the discussions to dialog with each other so we all gain the benefit of the discussion. If you need to contact us outside of the discussions please use the email@example.com and it will get routed to the appropriate person to handle.
General feedback to the IBM Redbooks team: Comments on the discussions or about any part of IBM Redbooks are always welcome. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your support and comments!