by David E. Bellagio, Tom J. Milligan.
Published: 23 Mar 2005
The authors each draw on more than 15 years of SCM experience, and the knowledge of working with IBM Rational field teams in customer engagements worldwide. They systematically cover SCM planning and deployment, and SCM's use throughout the entire project lifecycle: development, integration, building, baselining, release deployment, and beyond. They offer practical guidance on addressing challenges that arise as projects grow in size and complexity, from managing geographically distributed teams to tracking change requests.
- Understanding basic SCM concepts, and the role, value, and components of SCM systems
- Mastering IBM Rational's Unified Change Management (UCM) model—including today's most effective usage models, strategies, and policy configurations
- Creating ClearCase repositories and establishing UCM environments, step-by-step
- Working as a project manager in the ClearCase environment
- Leveraging new ClearCase MultiSite and ClearQuest technologies to full advantage
- Using the new ClearCase Remote Client to access centralized repositories across WANs
- Monitoring ClearCase and tuning it for maximum performance