by William A. Brown, Robert Laird, Clive Gee, Tilak Mitra.
Published: 19 Dec 2008
The authors illuminate the unique issues associated with applying IT governance to a services model, including the challenges of compliance auditing when service behavior is inherently unpredictable. They also show why services governance requires a more organizational, business-centric focus than “conventional” IT governance.
- Understanding the problems SOA governance needs to solve
- Establishing and governing service production lines that automate SOA development activities
- Identifying reusable elements of your existing IT governance model and prioritizing improvements
- Establishing SOA authority chains, roles, responsibilities, policies, standards, mechanisms, procedures, and metrics
- Implementing service versioning and granularity
- Refining SOA governance frameworks to maintain their vitality as business and IT strategies change