by Marc Fiammante.
Published: 20 Jul 2009
Top IBM® SOA architect Marc Fiammante takes you step-by-step through combining BPM and SOA, and using them together to build a more flexible, dynamic enterprise. Throughout the book, he emphasizes hands-on solutions based on his experience supporting dozens of enterprise SOA implementations. Practical from start to finish,Dynamic SOA and BPM squarely addresses two of the most critical challenges today’s IT executives, architects, and analysts face: implementing BPM as effectively as possible and deriving more value from their SOA investments.
- Moving from simplified integration to dynamic processes: realizing the full business value of services
- Streamlining enterprise architecture to accelerate business and IT alignment
- Implementing dynamic business processes based on small, flexible modules that can be quickly modeled, tested, delivered, and improved
- Planning for services and information variability to limit the impact of change on processes and other consumers of services
- Providing an integration layer between consumers and providers that addresses issues classical Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) approaches cannot solve alone
- Tooling and practices for the development, management, and monitoring of the complete SOA/BPM life cycle