by David Challener, Kent Yoder, Ryan Catherman, David Safford, Leendert Van Doorn.
Published: 27 Dec 2007
Authored by innovators who helped create TPM and implement its leading-edge products, this practical book covers all facets of TPM technology: what it can achieve, how it works, and how to write applications for it. The authors offer deep, real-world insights into both TPM and the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Software Stack. Then, to demonstrate how TPM can solve many of today’s most challenging security problems, they present four start-to-finish case studies, each with extensive C-based code examples.
- What services and capabilities are provided by TPMs
- TPM device drivers: solutions for code running in BIOS, TSS stacks for new operating systems, and memory-constrained environments
- Using TPM to enhance the security of a PC’s boot sequence
- Key management, in depth: key creation, storage, loading, migration, use, symmetric keys, and much more
- Linking PKCS#11 and TSS stacks to support applications with middleware services
- What you need to know about TPM and privacy--including how to avoid privacy problems
- Moving from TSS 1.1 to the new TSS 1.2 standard
- TPM and TSS command references and a complete function library