by Allen Dreibelbis, Eberhard Hechler, Ivan Milman, Martin Oberhofer, Paul Van Run, Dan Wolfson.
Published: 5 Jun 2008
Drawing on their experience with cutting-edge projects, the authors introduce MDM patterns, blueprints, solutions, and best practices published nowhere else—everything you need to establish a consistent, manageable set of master data, and use it for competitive advantage.
- How MDM and SOA complement each other
- Using the MDM Reference Architecture to position and design MDM solutions within an enterprise
- Assessing the value and risks to master data and applying the right security controls
- Using PIM-MDM and CDI-MDM Solution Blueprints to address industry-specific information management challenges
- Explaining MDM patterns as enablers to accelerate consistent MDM deployments
- Incorporating MDM solutions into existing IT landscapes via MDM Integration Blueprints
- Leveraging master data as an enterprise asset—bringing people, processes, and technology together with MDM and data governance
- Best practices in MDM deployment, including data warehouse and SAP integration