by Norbert Bieberstein, Sanjay Bose, Marc Fiammante, Keith Jones, Rawn Shah.
Published: 25 Oct 2005
The authors clearly explain what SOA is, the opportunities it offers, and how it differs from earlier approaches. Using detailed examples from IBM consulting engagements, they show how to deploy SOA solutions that tightly integrate with your processes and operations, delivering maximum flexibility and value. With detailed coverage of topics ranging from policy-based management to workflow implementation, no other SOA book offers comparable value to working IT professionals.
- SOA from both a business and technical standpoint–and how to make the business case
- Planning your SOA project: best practices and pitfalls to avoid
- SOA analysis and design for superior flexibility and value
- Securing and managing your SOA environment
- Using SOA to simplify enterprise application integration
- Implementing business processes and workflow in SOA environments
- Case studies in SOA deployment
- After you've deployed: delivering better collaboration, greater scalability, and more sophisticated applications