by A. Black, M. Everett, D. Draeger, K. Miller, R. Iyer, K. McGuinnes, D. Patel, M. Herescu, T. Gissel, M. Betancourt, M. Casile, Y. Tang, A. Beaubien.
Published: 22 Dec 2004
This book thoroughly covers WebSphere Application Server Version 5.0 and 5.1: both IBM Base WebSphere Application Server offerings and the advanced scalability and failover capabilities built into the popular IBM Network Deployment Edition. It has been designed to serve both as a comprehensive learning tool and as a rapid reference for working professionals.
- The WebSphere Application Server architecture: a detailed introduction for working administrators
- Installation and configuration on both distributed and z/OS platforms, from planning through security
- Assembling, deploying, and securing applications with the Application Assembly Tool and Assembly Toolkit
- Managing WebSphere Application Server, including clustering and workload management
- Automating administrative tasks using the powerful WebSphere scripting tools
- Performance monitoring/tuning using both WebSphere- and system-level tools, including real-world tuning scenarios
- A start-to-finish methodology for WebSphere troubleshooting
- Covering z/OS, UNIX, Linux, and Windows platforms
- Learn all you need to know from IBM's own WebSphere development and advanced deployment teams
- Includes the latest most thorough coverage WebSphere V5.0/5.1