by George Baklarz, Paul C. Zikopoulos.
Published: 17 Nov 2007
Written for both DBAs and developers, this definitive reference and self-study guide covers all aspects of deploying and managing DB2 9, including DB2 database design and development; day-to-day administration and backup; deployment of networked, Internet-centered, and SOA-based applications; migration; and much more. You'll also find an unparalleled collection of expert tips for optimizing performance, availability, and value.
- Important security and resiliency enhancements, including advanced access control; fine-grained, label-based security; and the new security administrator role
- Breakthrough pureXML™ features that make it easier to succeed with service-oriented architecture
- Operational improvements that enhance DBA efficiency--including self-tuning memory allocation, automated storage management, and storage optimization
- Table-partitioning features that improve scalability and manageability
- Powerful improvements for more agile and rapid development, including the new Eclipse-based Developer Workbench and simple SQL or XQuery access to all data