by Zamil Janmohamed, Clara Liu, Drew Bradstock, Raul F. Chong, Michael Gao, Fraser McArthur, Paul Yip.
Published: 15 Nov 2004
DB2 SQL PL, Second Edition shows developers how to take advantage of every facet of the SQL PL language and development environment. The authors offer up-to-the-minute coverage, best practices, and tips for building basic SQL procedures, writing flow-of-control statements, creating cursors, handling conditions, and much more. Along the way, they illuminate advanced features ranging from stored procedures and triggers to user-defined functions.
The only book to combine practical SQL PL tutorials and a detailed syntax reference, DB2 SQL PL, Second Edition draws on the authors' unparalleled expertise with SQL PL in real business environments. Coverage includes
- Using SQL PL to improve manageability and performance, while clearly separating DBA and development roles
- Writing more efficient stored procedures, triggers, user-defined functions (UDFs), and dynamic compound SQL
- Identifying SQL PL performance bottlenecks--and resolving them
- Leveraging new language enhancements for Windows, UNIX, and Linux: improved table function support, session based locking, nested save points, new prepare options, and more
- Using new features for iSeries V5R3: built-in string and date/time manipulation functions, SEQUENCE objects, and more
- Utilizing zSeries Version 8's integrated stored procedures debugging and improved SQL Conditions support
- Mastering DB2 Development Center, the unified development environment for creating DB2 stored procedures